Requirements & Application Form
Who can become a member of CLICO Credit Union (CCU)?
- Persons employed within the C.L. Financial Group of Companies.
- Employees of the Society.
- Members of the Trinidad & Tobago Defence Force including persons employed by the
Trinidad & Tobago Defence Force.
- Bona-fide members of any organization or any individual approved by the Board.
- Relatives of (a), (b), (c) and (d) as defined in (1) (a) (ix) above.
- Two (2) forms of valid photo identification:
- National Identification Card
- Drivers Permit
- Electronic Birth Certificate (will only be accepted once accompanied by National Identification Card or Passport)
- Proof of address (In your name, no older than 3 months):
- Utility Bills (e.g. W.A.S.A., T&TEC, CABLE, ETC.)
- If proof of address is not in your name, then a completed Proof of Address Authorization letter along with copy of proof of address and identification of the person whose name appears on the proof of address.
- If renting kindly include: Copy of Identification from Landlord, letter from the Landlord stating you are a legal tenant and/or a copy of the Lease Agreement.
- Bank Statements
Proof of income
Job letter not older than six (6) months old and Pay slip not older than one (1) month
Self-employed persons (Items above plus)
- Certificate of registration
- Notice of Address of the Business
- Statement signed by a Sole Trader outlining:
- The core business activities
- The average income received from the business monthly
- At least three (3) references or clients of the business
- Last three (3) years financial statements or management accounts or three-year estimates of income for self- employed persons and businesses which have been in operation for less than three years. Self-employed businesses in the absence of financials, can providebank statements for the last one to three (1 – 3) years evidencing income/funds, or any other proof of business income as deemed necessary by CCU.
Letter of notice from institution issuing pension entitlement and Pension Slip not older than one (1) month or Bank Statement demonstrating at least three (3) months of pension deposits.
Unemployed and Adult Students 18 years & over
- Completed Membership Form
- Two (2) forms of valid picture identification (National Identification, Driver’s Permit, Passport)
- Completed Parent/Guardian/Spouse Data Form
- Letter from Educational Institution confirming acceptance/attendance.
Foreign/Non-Residents (items above plus)
- A Character Reference Letter from your Primary Foreign Financial Institution (This must be an original letter addressed to CLICO Credit Union).
- Completed W9 (if applicable)
Minors Membership Application
Under the age of 18
- Completed Membership Form
- Birth Certificate and Picture Identification, e.g. Passport (if available)
- Two (2) forms of valid picture identification of parent (National Identification, Driver’s Permit, Passport)
- Proof of address of parent (utility bill or bank statement not older than three (3) month)
- Completed Consent to Open Account for Minor Form (If member opening account on behalf of minor is not a parent)